Wednesday 13 November 2013

MAKING A BRIDGE

http://jackbrighton.weebly.com/index.html
 
Picture
Is Tower Bridge the most famous bridge in the world? I suppose being British I'm biased, but I can't think of a more iconic one, so it'll do for me.
Today I need to consider a bridge and hopefully make the darn thing. I have my ending to 'The Alpha Sparky' clear in my head, and yesterday I revamped the main body of the story - a very long day at the keyboard, but I think I've cracked it. But now I need to link the two, which I think of as a bridge chapter. I drafted it yesterday evening, but it needs a lot of polishing. I find these sort of chapters challenging as for me they have to work. I can't just turn up at the end of the book and have my big scene if I haven't laid the right foundations. That has been done in the revamp, but as we near the end of a story like this, the pace has to pick up, so no going on and on and on. The bridge has to be sharp and take you to the other side quickly, so it has to be written well. I'm sure it won't be as spectacular as Tower Bridge, but hopefully it will do its job and not be a blot on the Sparky landscape.

Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment