Saturday 17 October 2015

MY ANGEL

Picture
So having done my Charlie blog, it's back to business - which means getting back to my Fallen Angel. He's going to be the star of the new Wild Side book, which has a working title of - An Angel Falls to The Wild Side.
I haven't actually written anything yet. It's all in my head and on the rather busy plan document. But the plan has now taken shape, with at least the first half of the book clear in my mind - the scenes, the dialogue, the points I want to reach. I don't like to work on the latter stages of a book too much at this point. I prefer things to evolve rather than have a fixed conclusion. The story should fit around the character rather than mould the character to fit the story. And that is one of the themes in the book - trying to be something you're not, and finding freedom when you finally accept what you're really about: The Angel who falls... And when one falls to The Wild Side, that's a hell of a place to land, especially when it's Big Bad Angus MacLeod who's been patiently waiting on your heavenly body coming to ground.
Time to start writing.

Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment